1. Choose your suitcase(s) and start putting random things into it.
Each time you cm you think you would like to take, put it in the suitcase.
2. 1-2 weeks prior to traveling, gather all of your items together
3. Try on all of your clothes and items.
4. Choose your clothing based on activities you will be doing. (Remember formalwear if you require it). Set aside the appropriate amount of underwear,socks, Dont forget: walking shoes, highheels/formal, beach footwear,
5. Set aside the sets of clothing you like to wear and put the matching outfits in a pile.
6. Pack your items in the separate bags - heavier items first.
Packing for the kids-
Our hint is to lay out a set of clothes per vacation day (or 1 per 2 days - reuse to save space) and get the children to choose what they want to wear well in advance so that you can pack your bags early on. Always pack a poncho for the kids. They take up little space and they are a good 'just in case' item.
How to take the right sets of clothes.
Obviously, it depends on the type of holiday you will be having as to the clothing and items that you should take.
A) try on every outfit and decide what is comfortable and appropriate for your upcoming vacation. Here is where you can gauge if you will be taking the right things. If you think that swimming costume feels horrible, here is your chance to go shopping for a new one.
B) think about every day of your travel and nominate an outfit that you think is suitable. For instance, if you know that you will be walking for miles, perhaps give up on the stilettos and ensure to pack the runners- always remember socks.
If you are traveling with more than 1 bag to your destination, keep 1 set of clothing or at least a change or two of undergarments for each of you in your carry-on luggage - just in case your luggage is lost.