Holiday Snaps - Part Three: Packing your Camera Bag
In Part 3 of our Photo-Sharing and Travel Photography Series, we discuss -
Your Camera Bag and how to pack it.
There is almost no limit to what you can pack into your Camera Bag.
Your only restriction is the size and weight that you must carry around
with you when you travel - don't underestimate this before you travel.
To keep up to date with our articles,
please "Like" us on Facebook.
We have put together a list of items (with pictures) that we recommend you include in your Camera Bag. These are split into essentials, 'good-to-have's' and "if you still have room". We also give some hints and tips for packing your Camera bag.
For those looking for a good Camera Bag, click here for some great options.
- Camera Body (or 2)
- Chosen Lenses
(1) a zoom lens
(2) a wide-angle lens
- Camera Cleaner and Lens
Cleaning, Brush and Paper
- Battery Charger
- Memory/Storage Cards (Flash/ SD Cards)
- International Adaptor(s)
If you still have room
- A Fish-Eye Lens
- A Camera Waterproof Case
For great Travel-appropriate Cameras, see our recommended items below.
Hints and Tips
* Choose a lightweight Camera Bag - you will regret buying the heavy bag 'that looked good'.
* Take your Camera Bag on the airplane with you to keep it safe.
* Your bag may be slightly heavy after packing all of your camera gear; and when walking through airport checkpoints, act confident and do not act nervous about your possibly overweight bag.
* Do not forget the backpacks 'raincoat'. Just in case your bag is not waterproof.
- A video camera if it's not built into your Camera
- An extra Battery
- An extra Battery charger
- A backup storage drive (80-120Gb)
- Eye-Fi Card
- Camera Bag weather